Enthusiastic student engager. Creator of excellence. Devoted to team. Ethical decision maker. Strategic thinker.
Wendy serves as the Executive Director for the University Union, Gateway Center, Coliseum, and Student Affairs at Discovery Park at the University of North Texas. Responsibilities include program development, contract management, financial management, strategic planning, and personnel supervision and development.
Previously, Wendy worked for Texas A&M University-Commerce as the Director for the Rayburn Student Center for eight and a half years. She was responsible for the overall organization and administration of a comprehensive student center operation (120,000 sqft). She provided leadership and oversight for all divisions within the department including Operations, Scheduling, Student Involvement, Pride Shop, Marketing, The Club, Student Organizations, Fraternity & Sorority Life, and outsourced Maintenance/Custodial Services.
- Facilitated new Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy for the department collaborating with staff, as operations and student involvement sides of the house had recently combined (2010).
- Spearheaded a 28,000 sqft student center expansion and served as primary owner for the project through completion (2011-2014).
- Conducted process and implementation of student Club renovation (2015).
- Served as a consultant for external review through ACUI (2016).
- Served as a consultant for external review for Weber State student union (2017).
Wendy also has worked at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, the University of North Florida, and Colorado State University. She has expertise in residence life, student conduct, mediation services, student activities, student organization advising, fiscal management, and facilities management.
Wendy has been involved in the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) since 2009. She has served in multiple positions on regional leadership teams and conference planning teams. She served as the Region II, Regional Director from 2015-2019. Wendy has presented at regional and annual conferences.
Wendy is a graduate of Colorado State University with a bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family studies and a master’s degree in Student Affairs in Higher Education. Wendy has a doctoral degree in Higher Education from Texas A&M University-Commerce.