ACUI Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  2022 ACUI Region 3 Georgia Tech Student Center Tour

Posted 03-07-2023 10:23

Hello,

My name is Will Hice and I am the Coordinator for Student Centers Operations for Kennesaw State University. I had the pleasure of touring the Georgia Tech Student Center seeing what they had to offer their student population when it came to dinning, event spaces, technology among other things. I wanted to ask for some information about some technology that is used in their spaces particularly dealing with displays that are attached to each event space and display all events that are taking place in those spaces. I wanted to ask if anyone would know the brand or company so that I could contact them. We are looking to implement this technology here at KSU.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,    

Kennesaw State University

William Hice
    Coordinator, Student Center Operations
    Student Life Operations

395 Cobb Avenue NW Kennesaw, Ga 30144
    Room 162C, MD 0507
    Kennesaw, GA 30144

p: 470-578-7634
    e: whice@kennesaw.edu

• 2.  RE: 2022 ACUI Region 3 Georgia Tech Student Center Tour

Posted 03-21-2023 18:55

Hi Will,

The vendor that Georgia Tech uses for all of our classroom indicator signage (what we call the digital signs outside of each room that is reservable on campus) is ResourceXpress.  Their website is https://www.resourcexpress.com/ and panels that we have are are https://www.resourcexpress.com/meeting-room-booking-systems/hardware/aura-meeting-room-screens/

The representative for the United States is:
    Clive Horton
    ReSoft International LLC
    clive.horton@re-soft.com
    203 972 8462

We have active connections between our ResourceXpress server and multiple backend solutions.

• Office 365 using Graph API
    • Accruent EMS using the EmsPlatformServices API
    • Exchange using Exchange Web Services (EWS) connectivity
    • ResourceXpress Internal calendar(s) – for spaces without a resource calendar to be authoritative, like Wellness rooms.

I hope this is helpful for you and other folks!

------------------------------
    Carly Bloomingdale
    Director of Programs - Student and Campus Event Centers
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    Atlanta GA
    ------------------------------