2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

6 Replies

2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

Posted by Lauren Kuski on Sep 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello!

My name is Lauren Kuski (Rowan University), and I'm the chair for the Late Night Community of Practice. I'm looking to see who might be interested in being on a late night programs panel for the 2018 ACUI Annual Conference. If you are interested, please either respond to this post or email me (kuski@rowan.edu) with the following information:

Your name, position, & institution
How are you involved in your institution's late night program?
How large is your institution?
Type of late night program (days of the week, hours of program, volunteer vs. staff, graduate vs. professional staff, programming board vs. independent organization, etc.)

My hope is to have about 5-7 institutions of varying sizes with different types of late night programs. Please let me know if you're interested no later than Tuesday, September 26! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Lauren
  • Bookmark

REMINDER: 2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

Posted by Lauren Kuski on Sep 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Lauren Kuski:
Hello!

Your name, position, & institution
How are you involved in your institution's late night program?
How large is your institution?

Thanks,
Lauren

REMINDER! If you're interested, please reach out to me ASAP! I'd like to finalize my proposal tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks,
Lauren

Re: 2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

Posted by Emma Clark on Sep 27, 2017 10:46 am

Hi Lauren,

I just saw this message so if you are still looking for individuals to sit on the late night programs panel I could assist. I oversee the programming board and we don't have a specific late night event series, but we try to provide some later evening events for students throughout the semester. I have provided more information below that might be helpful to understand my involvement with our late night type of programs.

- Emma Clark, Coordinator of Student Programming
- I am the advisor to the student associations' Activities Team who plan weekly social events for students on the main campus. Each month we hold a dance that goes late into the night, and we try to host 1-2 other social events like karaoke/lip sync in the evenings around 7pm.
- Weber State University is a campus of 26,000 students, majority non-residential/commuter, with over half of our student body comprised of nontraditional students (over 25, married, divorced, widowed, or a parent.
- We have to try to balance our later programming for our traditional and nontraditional student population so we have tried to incorporate family friendly evening events like glow in the dark golf (during the week) and Halloween/carnival events (week), as well as our traditional events such as our annual Late Night at Weber kick off (Friday), monthly dances (Friday), jam night karaoke (Wednesdays), and paint nights (Wednesdays). These events are hosted by my student group, the WSUSA Activities Team, sometimes in collaboration with other departments such as the Non trad Center.

If you would like more information feel free to contact me at emmaclark@weber.edu.

Re: 2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

Posted by Katie Cannella on Sep 27, 2017 11:31 am

Hello Lauren,

Sorry for just seeing this, but I logged in to work on my proposal for a LNP presentation about the evolution of our program.  I am happy to also sit on a panel about late night programming efforts and have included my notes below as well:

Katie Cannella, Assistant Director for Student Development
Coordinating the programs, overseeing the committee (students and staff)
Tulane is approx 7,000 Undergraduates
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights between 9/10PM - Midnight; Mostly staff run, moving to being more student run; Funded by the departments and division

Let me know if you want to talk more about our model or about me!

Katie Cannella
504-865-5836

Re: 2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

Posted by Lauren Kuski on Sep 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Katie Cannella‍ -- can you send me your email?

Emma Clark‍ -- I'll reach out to you shortly via email!

Thanks,
Lauren

Re: 2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

Posted by Katie Cannella on Sep 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Yep! It is kcannell@tulane.edu

Thanks, Katie

Re: 2018 ACUI Annual | Late Night Community of Practice Panel

Posted by Reshell Ray on May 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Good Afternoon,

I am interested in serving on the Late Night Program panel.  I work at the University of Nebraska Lincoln.