ACUI Open Forum

View Only

2023 ACUI Annual Conference Program - Call for Ed Session Content

• 1.  2023 ACUI Annual Conference Program - Call for Ed Session Content

Posted 07-25-2022 13:30

Dear Marketing for the Campus,  

My name is Andrea Trevino and I am part of the 2023 ACUI Annual Conference Program Team for Boston in February 2023. As part of the team, I am working with a subgroup of people curating educational content for the conference.  

I am reaching out to you to encourage you to consider presenting an educational session at the conference. Presenting an educational session at the Annual Conference is an opportunity to share your unique expertise and experience with others and to connect further with colleagues.

The 2023 Call For Content was launched recently and you will find all the information you need to collate an informative and engaging conference session here: https://www.acui.org/2023. This includes the details of the various formats, suggested engagement levels and a reminder of ACUI’s Core Competencies to enable you to frame your session to be relevant and valuable to the conference attendees.

You may have presented previously and be aware of the process and how worthwhile it is, but even if you've never presented at an ACUI Regional or Annual Conference, we hope you'll still consider sharing your expertise by submitting a proposal. Co-presenting with a colleague from your campus or another, or from a community of practice, is also an option you may like to consider. 

We are particularly interested in educational session content focused on:

• Social justice, inclusion, anti-racism
    • Our role as community builders
    • Best practices in college unions, from operations to programming
    • Ways to navigate workforce changes
    • Trends, issues and best practices for global student unions
    • Future of student unions

If you need more time, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.  We will also be hosting office hours for interested submitters in advance of the submission date, so keep an eye out for more information.

The deadline for submission is Monday, September 19, 2022. 

With my very best wishes, 

Andrea Trevino

On Behalf of the 2023 ACUI Annual Conference Program Team

------------------------------
    Andrea Trevino
    Program Manager II
    University of Houston
    Houston TX
    ------------------------------