ACUI Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Call for Education Sessions - Boston 2023!

Posted 09-01-2022 12:25

Hello Colleagues and Friends, 

I hope that the month of August has come to a good close for you, whether you are in the rush of move-in and welcome weeks, or in the calm before the storm of your academic year getting underway! 

With the submission deadline now less than three weeks away, I wanted to remind you again of the call for content for Boston 2023 and to encourage you to consider submitting a session.  

You will find all the information you need to collate an informative and engaging conference session here: https://www.acui.org/2023. This includes details of the various formats, suggested engagement levels, and a reminder of ACUI's Core Competencies to enable you to frame your session to be relevant and valuable to the conference attendees.

You may have presented previously and be aware of the process and how worthwhile it is, but even if you've never presented at an ACUI Regional or Annual Conference, we hope you'll still consider sharing your expertise by submitting a proposal. Co-presenting with a colleague from your campus or another, or from a community of practice, is also an option you may like to consider. 

We are particularly interested in educational session content focused on:

• Social justice, inclusion, anti-racism
    • Our role as community builders
    • Best practices in college unions, from operations to programming
    • Ways to navigate workforce changes
    • Trends, issues and best practices for global student unions
    • Future of student unions

We will also be hosting office hours on Friday, September 2, 10-11am Eastern Daylight Time, for interested submitters in advance of the submission date. To log into this office hours, please visit:  https://acui-org.zoom.us/j/96405569351?pwd=Vzc4Q2pyb1dSN1NsbzBnUzRvTjQ1Zz09

This is a great opportunity to connect with a member of the education session committee from the Conference Program Team, to help with any questions you might have as you consider your session submission.
    Finally, we would also love to hear from you if you are interested in being part of the jury selection process for ed sessions.  Please email Justin at
    jrudisille@acui.org or hop on to one of the office hours sessions for more information or to express your interest. 

Remember, the submission deadline is Monday, September 19, 2022. 

On Behalf of the 2023 ACUI Annual Conference Program Team,

------------------------------
    Jeff Pelletier, MA, MBOE, LSSBB
    Ohio Union Director
    The Ohio State University
    Columbus, OH
    614-292-3290

• 2.  RE: Call for Education Sessions - Boston 2023!

Posted 09-06-2022 16:19
    Hi there, my name is Massy.  I am a Student Affairs Professional (w/ Ops background) and a Montessori Parent.  I've been making observation and observing how these two roles overlap; in addition, how Maria's principals can apply to our "emerging adults" (aka: college students).  I am submitting a session for Boston and I would love to have another Montessorian with me :D contact me by Friday 9/9 if you would like to join the session as a co-presenter/contributor.  massiel.munoz@utrgv.edu | 956-665-7985

Massiel Munoz
    Assistant Director
    University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
    Edinburg TX