Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

7 Replies

Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Scarlett Winters on Jan 7, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for contacts with educators at campus police departments to help with a presentation on how best to help campus police during an incident/what campus police wish we knew. If you know someone at your campus police department and would be willing to connect me with them, I would appreciate it.

Scarlett
  • Bookmark

Re: Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Trinity Gonzalez on Jan 8, 2019 2:02 pm

Hey Scarlett! I reached out to Lt. Washington with FSU PD with this question and will keep you posted.

Re: Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Trinity Gonzalez on Jan 8, 2019 2:07 pm

And just like that, Lt. Washing already responded! He said he'd love to help and to feel free to call him at 850-274-8834.

Re: Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Dan Foley on Jan 8, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Scarlett,
Our police department just released a new run, hide, fight video specific the NU campus. I'm reaching out to our director of emergency management to see if he'd be able to chat with you. The video gets into a bit of what responders are looking for in the event of an incident, so it might be of some value itself. I'll let you know if Greg gets back to me shortly. Here's a link to the video:

Re: Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Trinity Gonzalez on Jan 8, 2019 2:19 pm

We also have a customized Run, Hide, Fight for FSU with similar info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuSws1c2Jw. Thanks for mentioning that, Dan, I didn't even think about that!

Re: Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Scarlett Winters on Jan 9, 2019 9:17 am

Thank you, all. This is great!

Re: Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Alison Ward on Jan 14, 2019 9:18 am

We have our campus police do a presentation at our student training addressing how best we can work together. We do our own Run, Hide, Fight so this session is all about our interactions. Lindsey Miller is our normal presenter lmille46@utk.edu. I will send her a heads up email.

Re: Do You Have Connections to Your Campus Police Department?

Posted by Mandi Bryson on Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm

We have our Public Safety come do an Active Shooter training with our staff - and they just released a new video last year (maybe 2017). They are in a training now but I can see if anyone is interested!