Share your Leadership Story!

5 Replies

Share your Leadership Story!

Posted by Kate Radford on Jun 18, 2018 11:20 am

Hi Colleagues,

Happy Monday! I am reaching out to introduce myself as one of the new community of practice leaders (serving alongside the wonderful Erin Williamson!) As a relatively new member to ACUI I am beyond excited to be a part of this community and looking forward to the things we can accomplish together.

I am also writing with a request! As Erin and I embark on our term as community of practice leaders, we are interested in hearing your ideas for this community. We have talked a good bit about striving to support professionals who may work directly in student leadership and service education but also empowering and engaging staff who may not see themselves as leadership educators but who we know are doing this work in their roles! We thought a good way to explore this idea would be to do a series of video interviews with professionals discussing their role and how they incorporate leadership education into their work. Would anyone be interested in supporting us in this endeavor (recording, conducting interviews, being interviewed, tapping colleagues to participate, etc)? Please share your thoughts or other ideas you have. We can't wait to hear from you!

• Bookmark

Re: Share your Leadership Story!

Posted by Erin Williamson on Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm

I'm so excited to serve alongside you, Kate. All - please let us know if you are interested in participating in this endeavor. Also let us know if you have ideas or requests for resources from this COP.

Thanks!
Erin

Re: Share your Leadership Story!

Posted by Abby Feenstra on Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Kate and Erin,

I am interested in participating in your endeavor in any way I can!

Best,
Abby

Re: Share your Leadership Story!

Posted by Alisha Cahue on Jun 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi everyone!

Erin- I know I met you at ACUI this year, but nice to meet the rest of you! My name is Alisha Cahue and I work at the University of Texas at Austin.

I am brand new to ACUI and looking to get involved in whatever ways I can. I would love to help with the video project and I'm always available to brainstorm ways to best utilize this COP. I look forward to exploring all of the available resources and getting more involved in the community.

Best,
Alisha

Re: Share your Leadership Story!

Posted by Rouel Velasco on Jun 22, 2018 3:22 am

Hi there!

I am interested in participating in this project in any type of capacity. My name is Rouel Velasco and I work at the University of Hawaii-West Oʻahu.

Thanks,
Rouel

Re: Share your Leadership Story!

Posted by Kate Radford on Aug 7, 2018 6:01 pm

For anyone who didn't express interest but who may be interested, we are working on finding a time to start some brainstorming in a 1 hour video meeting. If you'd like to consider participating, please complete this Doodle so that we can find a good time to pull everyone together!