Student Organization Locker Policies

5 Replies

Student Organization Locker Policies

Posted by Katie Beaulieu on Oct 4, 2018 1:14 pm

Our Student Org Team is implementing a brand new process to allow student organizations to reserve locker spaces. Does anyone have a list of terms or policies for reserving lockers they could please share? Thinking things like restrictions of what can go in the lockers, monitoring, etc. This might also be a post for the Student Org Advisors community. Thanks!
  • Bookmark

Re: Student Organization Locker Policies

Posted by Kiley Cinelli on Oct 5, 2018 8:33 am

Hi Katie,

I've attached our locker agreement we use at the Student Center at The College of New Jersey.

May I ask what type of locks you are using?

Attached files

Re: Student Organization Locker Policies

Posted by Carrie Johnson on Oct 5, 2018 9:15 am

Good morning, Katie!
I'm the Facilities Coordinator of Student Centers at Vanderbilt.  We have a very large room off of our loading dock that we built fenced cages in for our Student Orgs.  They have to apply/ reapply for their space every academic year.  Because this area shares a wall with dining services we probably have stricter rules than others may have, due to being surrounded by food.  We just updated our policies last year and have found them to be working much better than in years past, when we weren't great with monitoring the cages. I hope this gives you some useful information.

Best,

Carrie Johnson
Vanderbilt University
Attached files

Re: Student Organization Locker Policies

Posted by Katie Beaulieu on Oct 7, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks Kiley! We are asking students to bring their own locks, so they typically use the simple number locks you can buy anywhere.

Re: Student Organization Locker Policies

Posted by Jennifer Pelletier on Oct 9, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi Katie -
Attached is the lease we use for student org lockers at Ohio State. I hope this might be helpful, and let me know what questions you have about any of this.
Jen